The joint calendar committee of the Escondido Union School District and Escondido Union High School District has commenced the development of calendars for upcoming school years. A crucial component of this development process is the School Calendar Survey, which is now open.
The committee, which comprises stakeholders from both districts, works to establish a common school calendar that provides consistency, maximizes academic success, minimizes absences of both students and staff members, and meets the needs of the families served by the districts. As the committee members build the calendars, they are taking into consideration several factors and goals:
- Utilizing input from all stakeholders, especially families, to create a common calendar for use in both districts.
- Creating calendars that supports student learning throughout the entire school year and maximize student achievement.
- Following the employee contracts as well as county and state requirements for employee work schedules.
- Aligning natural breaks between the school calendar and holidays.
- Ending the first semester before the holiday break in December.
- Professional development needs.
- Minimizing absences.
Input from all stakeholders, including parents and employees, is greatly appreciated and is a valuable part of the calendar development process. Please take a few minutes to complete this brief survey, available at this link. The committee will review survey results Oct. 21.