The San Marcos Democratic Club has combined this list of resources which you might find useful during the period of self-isolation.
If you need general services for doctors or mental health care providers, some medical practices are offering virtual office visits (telemedicine) and you may want to call your own doctor’s offices to see if this is being offered.
If you are having trouble getting the prescription medicine you need, call your pharmacy.
If you need to reach an office that is doing telemedicine or telehealth:
- Scripps Telehealth: Get Care Now – Telehealth and Same-Day Care
- Sharp Healthcare: https://www.sharp.com/patient/phone-or-video-visits.cfm
- Kaiser Permanente Telehealth: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/why-kp/experience/telehealth
If you think you may be sick or are having COVID-19 symptoms: The California Department of Public health recommends you call their doctor to discuss how to proceed
There is also the the Scripps COVID hotline at 888-261-8431
www.211sandiego.org also has a great deal of information
If you need help procuring food, here are some links to food banks and delivery services:
- Instacart: www.instacart.com
- GoGo Grandparent: www.gogograndparent.com
- San Diego Food Bank: https://sandiegofoodbank.org/gethelp/
- Feeding San Diego: https://feedingsandiego.org/get-help/
- CalFresh (food stamps / SNAP): www.getcalfresh.org
- San Diego Humane Society (food for pets): www.sdhumane.org/programs/paws-san-diego/pantry-service.html
If you are interested in Meals on Wheels or other food services information:
- MEALS ON WHEELS in San Marcos, 760 736-9900: www.meals-on-wheels.org/meals
- 1 or 2 meals, 7 days a week for seniors 60 and over.
- Currently, “no contact” measures are in place for delivery.
- There is a one-time $35, set up fee.
- Full price meals are $4 for one meal and $7 for two.
- Prices can be reduced if income qualifies, and for veterans and veterans’ spouses.
- Disabled vets get meals at no cost.
- Cal Fresh cards can be billed.
- You are also looking for experienced ride-along helper volunteers
There are some grocery stores are offering shopping hours reserved exclusively for seniors or immuno-compromised people. Call the store or visit the store’s website to find out if that is being offered.
The California Employment Development Department has a list of frequently asked questions to help people who have lost their jobs, cannot work, or who have closed their businesses because of COVID-19. It can be found here: https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm
You can call mortgage companies and utilities to find out if deadlines for bill payments or moratoriums are in place
City of San Marcos
Services available, closures, restaurants available for take-out or delivery, and other useful information pertaining to San Marcos residents. Information found here:
City of Escondido
Services available, closures, restaurants available for take-out or delivery, and other useful information pertaining to Escondido residents. Information found here: